Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bluetooth headset stopped after Android upgrade

The other day Verizon released an OTA (over-the-air) update of Android for my work Motorola Droid 4 smartphone.   I installed it when the noticed arrived and the reboot appeared to work just fine.  I had a Plantronics Voyager HD headset that I purchased about a year ago on Amazon paired with the phone prior to installing the Android upgrade.

I connected the bluetooth headset and was able to listen to my favourite radio station via the TuneIn application I purchased some time ago.  Sound was just fine and the headset connected right away.  I received some phone call while the headset was connected and noticed I could hear the phone ring through the headset but I could not carry on a conversation using the headset.  I had to switch back to the smartphone. 

I used my wife's phone to make calls to my cell phone.  After about a half a dozen attempts I decided to delete the headset bluetooth profile and re-discover and pair it again.  Once I did that, the bluetooth headset could be used for both music and phone calls.  Who would have known.  I also am glad to report that my headset also connects more consistently with the new Android version.

No comments: