Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Acer Aspire One 725-0687 $160 at Walmart

I found a fantastic deal on an Acer netbook on December 23 while shopping at one of the local Walmart stores.  The netbook has 2GB of memory, 4-cell li-ion battery, 32GB hard disk drive and an AMD dual-core C70 processor.  It also has a VGA and HDMI port, 2 USB 2.0 ports and one USB 3.0 port and of course, an SD card reader.  One of the surprising features was the system was preloaded with Windows 8.

The primary reason I wanted to purchase the laptop was actually the color but for $160 I could not resist.  The cost of Windows 8 is about $80 so for the cost of 2 copies of Windows 8, I now have a brand new netbook laptop.

Stay turned for a review of the system, Windows 8 and installing Ubuntu 12.10 64 bit in dual boot configuration.

1 comment:

mr.ed said...

I don't know where it was $160, but I bought 6 at $198, and sold them all within 72 hours.