Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Yet another issue with BCM43227 and dnf on Fedora 22

Powered up my Acer Quad-core laptop (the 1TB SSD makes it really fast) and had the ethernet cable plugged in.  For some reason, I checked the network applet in my XFCE system tray and you guessed it, no wireless device listed.  This means trouble.  I tried the fixes in my last post by reinstalling a couple of packages, no luck.

Found the following post: https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/71227/how-to-keep-fedora-22-updates-from-breaking-broadcom-bcm4312-wireless/

The following two commands did it for me.

akmods --force
modprobe wl

The akmods --force takes a few minutes to complete because it runs depmod.

This time, I only spent 20 minutes locating a solution with Google.  Yes, Google is my friend indeed.



No comments: